I've decided to sell my Dino project car

For Sale and Wanted (commercial postings will get you banned)

Moderators: doublegarage, Philt68

89TC
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

I've decided to sell my Dino project car

Post by 89TC »

I've decided to sell my Dino project car, if anyone's interested in restoring it. The sale forum is ebay within the next month. I'd really like a Dino enthusiast to get it, as opposed to someone who doesn't know Dinos. I'll assist in loading it onto your trailer if it's going overseas. It's a 1972 Fiat Dino 2400 coupe. The color is Grigio Silverstone Metallic, the interior is gray velour with red vinyl trim/ carpet. The trunk carpet is red also. The're are a few Grigio cars on the internet with the identical gray/ red interior, if you'd like to look at restored ones for reference. The car is original and complete except for the engine and transmission which it doesn't have (I bought it this way). The car has 07552 (107552?) miles on it. It also has the original Chromodora wheels with two hubcaps and super old Michelin XVS tires made in Belgium and France. The car appears to have been sitting for I'd say twenty years. It looks like the wiring harness at the front passenger corner of the car caught on fire and the front passenger side corner of the car suffered repairable burn damage. The car comes with a "new used" wiring harness. The windshield is also damaged, it comes with a second used windshield. The firewall has some weld work done to it. Rust-wise, the floors and trunk are all in good condition. The rear quarter panel bottoms/ dropouts behind the rear fenders have rust-through. I've seen patch panels for sale for that area, so know they are available on the internet somewhere. Overall, the car needs a complete restoration.
About the engine/ transmission, I'm working on locating the engine/ transmission that is original to the car ( this process may take up to a years time). IF I can attain it I'm going to give the new owner of the car the first right of refusal to purchasing it. I'd really like them to be reunited if possible.
Regarding the selling price of the car, I'm going to sell it for the price of other project Dinos in comparable condition in RECENT sales. I'm going to list it on fleabay within the next month with lots of pictures. The interesting picture below is the "as-found, "barn find" condition I'd found it in a thirty-five car Fiat/Maserati collection in a small country town in Massachussettes. The car is now located in upstate New York (100 miles northwest of New York City). The condition of the car now is similar to the photo below, but I've since scrubbed and sorted it out some.
IMG-20210930-WA0002.jpg
hanskristianjepsen

Re: I've decided to sell my Dino project car

Post by hanskristianjepsen »

Hello,
What is the VIN/Chassis no. of your coupe 2400?

Thanks and kind regards,
Hans K jepsen
89TC

Re: I've decided to sell my Dino project car

Post by 89TC »

Since there's zero interest in this car on this forum, I'm going to sell it locally instead.