Fiat Dino chassis number

All about our Fiat Dino Coupes and Spiders

Moderators: doublegarage, Philt68

Dinoswede
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Spider

Re: Fiat Dino chassis number

Post by Dinoswede »

I have checked my sources in this particular question: (re which Dino Coupe was first to get the large
Dinoplex factory-installed.)
My source was a photocopy of the FIAT Service Message in German - which I actually think I got from
Mike Morris!! Unfortunately, it was of a less-good printing quality, which made me reading the third
digit as "3", instead of "6"... My mistake, definitively!
Now, having obtained a better copy, I can clearly read that the first Fiat Dino Coupe equipped with
the Dinoplex AEC 101 is said to be 135AC000 2466!

Service message 001.jpg

I have never found the Spare Parts Catalogue page "modifica", where the modification no D 3259 is
listed and where the serial numbers concerned should be shown! My guess is Mike Morris found the
info where I did, and that the "modifica" lists distributed by FIAT not were saved by the majority of
the FIAT dealerships in their Spare Parts Catalogues, as suggested.

Hoping to get all details right, I have also made a correction note in my previous list from May 21,

Dinoswede
ThomasK
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

Re: Fiat Dino chassis number

Post by ThomasK »

Hi all,
in this document in German language is mentioned the Dinoplex coming into production from „Organisationsnummer“ 0002466 / 000833 on - not from Fahrgestellnummer on - meaning „Ricambi number“ and not „chassis number“. Another proof showing Fanalones research leading to the right conclusions.
KR Thomas