1970 Fiat Dino Coupe for sale UK

For Sale and Wanted (commercial postings will get you banned)

Moderators: doublegarage, Philt68

Kev Baines
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

1970 Fiat Dino Coupe for sale UK

Post by Kev Baines »

This is a highly original and well-known Fiat Dino in the UK. It is the ex-Richard Banks (Alfaholics) car that has been featured twice in Classic & Sportscar magazine and many others. The Dino was imported from Rome to the UK back in 1987 were it was stripped for exterior trim and given a professional oven-baked repaint in its correct Argento silver by Banks. At the same time the body received a proper wax treatment in all cavities which to this day has kept the entire car in pristine condition.

In 2008 the Dino went to Denmark were a meticulous owner kept it on a no-expense spared basis. There is a vast amount of documentation filling large binders with history including an invoice for €24,000 from the official Danish Ferrari workshop for a complete rebuild of the engine….just to illustrate how the owner kept this Dino. The immaculate interior in red and grey fabric is totally original as is the rest of the car.

I imported the car back to the UK one year ago, to enjoy whilst I restored my HF Fulvia (see pic). This is now done, and so I am selling to fund my next restoration project. I have done only 1,294 miles and so the total is only 53,714 miles (86444km). I have inspected the whole car in great detail and spent £2,180.75 in parts alone (as a retired aircraft engineer, I do all my own work) to bring her up to top notch standard. I had it MOTd last year and If you want, I can get a fresh MOT before sale, as this is due in November. I have all the records you could ever want, and the car even has its own website http://www.fiatdinocoupe2400.dk/

I cannot imagine that you will find a better Fiat Dino, and this is a VERY reluctant sale. Price £59,500

advert here - https://www.classic-trader.com/uk/cars/ ... 970/257848
Attachments
20211011_110805.jpg
89TC
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

Re: 1970 Fiat Dino Coupe for sale UK

Post by 89TC »

It's very nice, but aren't you selling it too cheap? One just sold here in the U.S. last week for $100k. The prices of collector cars are climbing alot lately.

Also, are they Dino emblems on the hubcaps? Are those correct? Mine have black Fiat emblems.