Newbie here from France/Germany

Discussions and Socializing

Moderators: doublegarage, Philt68

Stephane2400
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

Newbie here from France/Germany

Post by Stephane2400 »

Hi Everyone,

I just regitered to the forum as I am the now curator of a very special car to me, a Coupé 2400 Rosso Corsa from 1971.
I am French but I live in Germany - next to Frankfurt am Main, 38 yrs old and been driving classic cars for a decade now.
This car is special to me as it has been in the family for almost 45 years. It was bought second hand in 1977, covered in dust in a shaby parisian garage by my grandfather who recommissioned it for a daily driver use in Paris.
He drove it for 5 years before keeping it as a second car and passed it on to my mother in 1985 who would thouroughly enjoyed the V6 for the next 35 years - not as an everyday car though - before recently passing it on to me.
I now find myself the caretaker of a car that brought me lots of fond childhood memories!

I have asked the certificate of Origin at FIAT Classische, and awaiting for their reply. Unfortunately not as detailed as what you get on Ferraris or Maseratis but its a start. So now begins my search for the first 6 years of hostory of #4659 - any information welcome!

The car is in good condition but will require a big inspection & new rubber / wearables along with a few period retrofit needed (mirror/radio).
Mostly, I want to make it ready to go for long trips as drive my cars whenever I have the opportunity.
And naturally, I will make sure it's kept well preserved for the future generation, looking forward to share with my son many nice moments as I fondly remember as a little boy the pleasure of hearing the V6 singing though the revs.

Happy to join the Dino community as a driver!

Best

Stéphane

Attached is a period 1982 photo & a more recent one from 2018
Attachments
0.jpg
0-1.jpg
Fiat Dino 2400 coupe 1971
Scalino
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Spider

Re: Newbie here from France/Germany

Post by Scalino »

Welcome and what a great story!
89TC

Post by 89TC »

That's a very nice car, and a wonderful story. Your family has been fortunate enough to realize the importance of this family heirloom. It really hurts to see cars being sold online that have been in the family for 40, 50, 60 years. Sometimes the newer generation sees dollar signs instead of cherished memories....
Stephane2400

Post by Stephane2400 »

Thanks a lot for your welcoming words - I have a list of flaws I am searching on the forum so that should keep me busy for a while.
I have a bit of archive too, articles & brochure in French, English & German - I will post it peu a peu on the relevant forum sections
Fiat Dino 2400 coupe 1971