Dino Coupé 2000 Rosso Corsa in NL

Discussions and Socializing

Moderators: doublegarage, Philt68

Macaco
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Coupe

Dino Coupé 2000 Rosso Corsa in NL

Post by Macaco »

Great to find this Forum, just for Dino engined cars.

I was asked by a relative if I knew someone to buy his Fiat Dino Coupé (non-runner) and couldn't let it pass myself. So I bought it, re-arranged my garage, moved my 1966 Alfa Romeo GTJ project aside (but not away) and put the Dino in with not much space left.
It came with a US Gardena CA title saying the Dino is from 1970 and it has the Dutch customs papers from 2010, when it was imported into The Netherlands. It was clear that 1970 cannot be the year this Coupé 2000 was built, so I requested for the certificate from the Centro Archivio Storico. After some attempts I got in contact with Paulo, who helped me very friendly. Fiat documentation, books, etc. missing, but nevertheless I ordered the certificate with just the year and month it was built on it.
The Dino had a front grille installed which appeared to be from a Fiat 124 Coupé (it did fit) and it was missing some other items. Fortunately I already acquired an original grille, along with some other parts, but am not complete yet.

Here some details, before I'll be asking questions in next posts:

Month/Year: Settembre 1967
Chassis: 135AC0001324
Engine: 135B 000 0000800
Colour: Rosso Corsa with Black interior

Of course I hope to contribute to this forum with information I have and/or gain.

Macaco

Re: Dino Coupé 2000 Rosso Corsa in NL

Post by Macaco »

According to the information on dinoplex.org my Dino wasn't delivered with a Dinoplex ignition from factory. Unfortunately mine is missing the distributor, but an AEC 101 AC unit, one BZR205A and a NOS 2400-type distributor cap came with it.
There are holes in the chassis that correspond with the mounting tabs of the Dinoplex, but these could have been drilled later in it's life.

Can anyone tell what type of ignition should be installed on this early 2000? Conventional (points) or the Dinoplex?

Thanks,

Michiel
Tobi
Site Admin
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

Post by Tobi »

The early Dinos have usually been retrofitted with a Dinoplex when Fiat realised the need of an capcitive ignition:
viewtopic.php?t=10
viewtopic.php?t=19
Be happy to have an AEC 101 AC unit and the BZR205A - they are very rare.
Macaco

Post by Macaco »

Thanks, clear.

So it has been done per instruction:

Scalino
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Spider

Post by Scalino »

Congratulations! Is it a “simple” case of getting it running or does it need attention body wise as well?

If you opt to go for the Dinoplex you could check if the 105Workshop in Etten-Leur still has a distributor for sale. They offered one online earlier in the year.
Macaco

Post by Macaco »

It's not "just getting it running", there's more involved. To get it in perfect condition it needs new paint also. The only rust I've found is at the bottom of both front fenders (where the water is routed to), the rest of the body is in good shape, also underneath. The engine hasn't been running for a (very?) long time. I moved the flywheel carefully just a degree or less, which went very easily.
The interior is pretty good, except for the dashboard (cracks in the vinyl). Door cards have been replaced/restored, but not original. For the right side I've already obtained a used original, bottom part missing. Original steering wheel missing. Doors are "hanging" in the hinges.

I don't have a plan yet. For now checking it, read about it and searching for some parts.

I'll try the 105Workshop for the distributor. Thanks for the tip.
Tobi
Site Admin

Post by Tobi »

Sounds good! It doesn't seem that complicated. You'll find helpful information regarding the hanging doors here: http://fiatdinoforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=619
Fanalone

Post by Fanalone »

Hi Macaco

I have just sent you a PM.
BC5222
Macaco

Post by Macaco »

I've got the Marelli S125 from the 105Workshop. It needs some cleaning up and checking. I was told it is a BX version, but I don't know how to verify that (all printing gone from the label, which seems normal). Or is there no difference between the A and BX?

Edit: today in the outside daylight I could make something of the left over of the printing on the label. Looking at a angle I could see it is an early S125 BX.