Coupe Fuel Tank

Technical Topics and Discussions

Moderator: alh

johnharrill
Dino: No Dino (yet)

Coupe Fuel Tank

Post by johnharrill »

I am in need of a new fuel tank for my 1967 Coupe. Superformance has them for the 2400 coupe.

Is there a difference between tanks for the 2000 and the 2400 coupe, seeing that the rear suspension is completely different?
dinoliver
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

Re: Coupe Fuel Tank

Post by dinoliver »

Hi John,
i`ve one fueltank to restore now.
I think it ´s the same one.
i will be send some picture´s.

greetings from north germany..
Oliver
Georg
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Spider

Post by Georg »

Hi John, 2000 and 2400 fuel tanks are very different, you cannot interchange them. The 2400 is much wider.
Georg
johnharrill
Dino: No Dino (yet)

Post by johnharrill »

I sent my tank and the rusted, spare tank to a regional firm that specializes in truck fuel and coolant tanks. After being assured that they could repair my tank or fabricate a replacement, I was told neither could be done. They turned out to be completely unreliable.

So my quest for a replacement tanks continues. At this point I am considering a new, generic tank.

Has anyone in the group tried this? :?:
Dario

Post by Dario »

Hi, I would try to contact Maurizio Zanella, he has a lot of spares for these cars. It will, however, add shipment from Italy.

Good luck,

Dario
Fanalone

Post by Fanalone »

Hi

Seems like there are several worskhops in UK specializing in restoring fueltanks & radiators (Google: "Petrol tank restauration").
I have personally never tried, but here is a link to one of the workshops I found:
https://www.fueltanks.co.uk/
BC5222
Georg
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Spider

Post by Georg »

Hi John, if you don't mind sending the tank to Germany, there is http://www.bloemer-fuesser.de/kuehlerservice.html in Düsseldorf. I have had about 8 tanks and radiators repaired in their shop. Very good quality, pricing is reasonable. They solder the wholes, take away all corrosion inside and coat tanks. Cost is reasonable. I am not sure, if they speak any English.
Georg