Choke & manual throttle unit

Technical Topics and Discussions

Moderator: alh

rdk
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Spider

Choke & manual throttle unit

Post by rdk »

Hello all

I own a 1968 Fiat Dino Spider 2000, chassis #903. The car is nicely original, with just a couple of parts to be sorted. A previous owner has removed the choke / manual throttle unit which I am now fitting back. I need to to find the correct levers, bracket & fitment location.

(As an aside, I believe this may be linked to the car having been in Japan, as we found / removed a retrofit hazard warning unit in a similar location - hazards are a requirement in Japan and this may have been an easy citing location!)

This topic has been loosely covered in the forum but not conclusively.
http://www.fiatdinoforum.org/viewtopic. ... hoke#p7093

1 - What is the correct type of lever by model? Does anyone have one to sell? (As set out in the parts catalogue for a VII with an aluminium dash, this is two round levers. It is likely correct for my V3 which has the layer vinyl dash but I cannot be sure from the parts catalogue. From scouring the sold cars, I have seen some almost rectangular levers on a similar chassis number in the 900s, which look similar to those on a 2400 but they may have been retrofitted. The schematic / parts numbers for “VII 1967” was shown in this previous post (page A2.21 in the parts catalogue). Note (1) this does not show the bracket, nor does the parts catalogue, (2) it is not clear how the parts evolved in later cars with A2.21a with some text maybe suggesting chassis #726 onwards has the squarer levers.

2 - What is the correct bracket to attach to the dash? Where exactly is this unit located? (If it is the metal black bracket then I cannot find one! Fabricating would be an option, but I have no template. Any ideas?)

3 - Lastly, how do others use these? I have been told the choke is never required but that the hand throttle is useful on startup.

Any help here would be very much appreciated!

Many thanks
Rob
Attachments
9B3F9E68-5F69-483D-B8E7-4F7F797F3A9F.png
C1635E3F-9AD3-43F9-9D20-7D4327438EF6.png
rdk
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Spider

Re: Choke & manual throttle unit

Post by rdk »

There was a super helpful response posted - not sure where it has disappeared to - but just wanted to thank whoever it was!!