Dino Coupe door-lock plastic

Technical Topics and Discussions

Moderator: alh

doublegarage
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

Dino Coupe door-lock plastic

Post by doublegarage »

I've been bothered for years about the state of the plastic door-lock surround - the cover for where the lock "knob" pops up next to the window. They seem to be made out of the same plastic that chocolates are packed in, and now they're all 50+ years old..

I got a 3D printer for Christmas :) and decided to try making some of these. It's now in a state where it fits and looks okay from maybe 60cm away. It's a tricky shape with compound curves everywhere, I could probably go on tweaking it but I'm done with it for now. It's also awkward to print since the mounting-pegs and hollow-shape necessitate the slicer-sw to generate a lot of 'supports' for printing

Pictures below - if anybody wants the .STL file to try print their own, then DM me - i'll try to post it somewhere but I think FDF can only host image files.

-Richard

IMG_5030.jpg
IMG_5031.jpg
IMG_5032.jpg
doublegarage

Re: Dino Coupe door-lock plastic

Post by doublegarage »

also works well on your Lamborghini whose body was made by Bertone. Espadas and Urracos and such.

No replies so all of yours must be in better shape than mine were. :) Every time i locked the door another piece fell off.

-Richard
Bijan

Re: Dino Coupe door-lock plastic

Post by Bijan »

Thank you Richard, I think I have seen some repro parts in Europe many years ago,
but as a quick research showed they seem to be sold out now everywhere I looked.
So I will probably come back to your offer referring the STL file when I will restore
the interiour of my Dino :)