2400 Coupe Engine Mounts

Technical Topics and Discussions

Moderator: alh

Kal
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

2400 Coupe Engine Mounts

Post by Kal »

Hi All,

The metal engine mount brackets on my 2400 have cracked, so I'm going to replace them with ones from Superformance. Whilst that is being done, I may as well replace the square rubber engine mounts even though they look ok. I noted both Superformance and H&N sell these, and was wondering if anyone had experience with either? I ask as the Superformance ones are quite a bit more expensive than the H&N ones.

I did find a forum post here where someone tried the H&N version and said they were 4mm taller than the originals, but I would assume compression/age/etc could cause that.

And for those that have replaced the metal engine mount brackets before, roughly how long should it take?

Thanks,

Kal.
ThomasK

Re: 2400 Coupe Engine Mounts

Post by ThomasK »

You can ask Peter he has spare engine mounts (the metal things) ps@twinpeak.info

To replace them with engine in, you need to hang up the engine. Then it’s not so difficult, it’s a bit tight to reach everything behind the headers.
Bijan

Re: 2400 Coupe Engine Mounts

Post by Bijan »

I also used the new rubber mounts from H&N and can confirm they are a little bit higher. I am not sure if it was
a good decision to use the higher ones since removing the gearbox gets even more complicated with the engine sitting higher.
If the old ones are still good I would probably keep using them...