Restoring a 2.0L 67 Fiat Dino Spider

Technical Topics and Discussions

Moderator: alh

Dinoswede
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Spider

Re: Restoring a 2.0L 67 Fiat Dino Spider

Post by Dinoswede »

The Pininfarina emblems for a 2 Litre Spider were always placed at the front fenders. For the 2,4 Litre Spiders, FIAT moved them
to the position at the rear fenders, between the doors and the rear wheel arches. In other words, they are mixed up on your car!

No 2 Litre Spider had any padding underneath the bonnet. It was added at the 2.4 Spiders. See the 3 spare parts Catalogue pages
below: (Sorry for the pics are not shown in correct angles!)

Dinoswede

Skanning_20240331 (2).jpg
Attachments
Skanning_20240331 (3).jpg
Skanning_20240331.jpg
Gaelicguy

Post by Gaelicguy »

It’s your preference of course, but the proper emblem everywhere on the car are the Fiat Rosetta. The originals where silver plated I believe, although few show silver as it’s been polished off. I have a few spares and I’m going to try and remove the cloisonnet emblems without breaking them and getting the coated. If you have an original steering wheel it would look odd to have Dino badges.
M
Too many motos and cars, not enough life left! :D
Inventi

Post by Inventi »

Wow that is awesome information! I have seen the parts book for the 2.0 and it did not show the blanket but I have never seen the 2.4 parts before. This is what I suspected but its great someone can confirm.

I wasn't worried so much about authenticity as I was technically. I worried there was an engineering purpose to the blanket.

Thanks also on the emblems. I have a bit more work to do on it before we head to the body shop.

Thanks again so much!